How to Run (Timeline)
- Choose a position to run for. You may run for two positions on separate bodies (i.e., you may run for Class of 2022 Representative on College Council and for Class of 2022 Representative to the Honorary Degrees Committee), but you may not run for two positions on College Council (for example, you may not run for Class of 2022 Representative to College Council and Assistant Treasurer).
- Submit your self nomination here by September 19th, 2018, at 8 P.M.
- No campaigning is permitted until after September 19th in the evening when campaign packets have been emailed to the student body. After this time has passed, you may campaign using posters, visiting entries, creating Facebook pages, or any other creative means you can come up with. College Council will cover $25 worth of campaigning costs. Any candidate found to be in violation of the campaigning rules will be disqualified from the election by the Elections Committee (for the full elections and campaigning procedure, see the College Council Bylaws (Article VII, Section 4).
- Campaign away!
- A Meet the Candidates session will be held in Baxter Hall (Paresky) on Thursday, September 20th at 5 P.M.
- Elections will be held Thursday, September 20 at 6 P.M. – Sunday, September 23 at 8 P.M. Results will be announced before the end of the day on Sunday.
- There will be a voting event in Dodd on September 20 at 9 P.M. with refreshments and voting booths, alongside Pub Night.
- The first CC meeting of the Fall 2018 Session will begin at 7:30 P.M. on Tuesday, September 25.
The next elections period will be during Spring 2019. For more information regarding elections, please contact Carlos Cabrera-Lomelí (cc15).
If you’re planning on running, but have questions about the positions/writing your self-nominations/want to think through your platform/want to just hang out with us, we would be happy to help. Feel free to email members of the CC Executive Committee by clicking our names.
Run. Make A Difference.
Best of wishes from the College Council Executive Committee,
VP for Communications