College Council distributes over annual $460,000 budget to the student body. Student Organizations and individuals are eligible to request funds for a variety of activities and events. Before requesting money, please review the Student Organizations Financial Training Powerpoint to familiarize yourself with CC’s funding policies and procedures.
How to Get Funding
- Prepare a Request. Determine whether you are requesting money for a club function or requesting money for an all-campus event, and follow the below guide for preparing a request.
- Attend Meetings to present your request. Your funding source will contact you to arrange a meeting and will notify you when your request has been approved or denied.
- College Council’s Finance Committee meets every Sunday at 8pm in the CC Suite of upstairs Paresky. After submitting your request, the Treasurer will assign you a time slot.
- Spend Your Money by using a p-card. If you cannot use a credit card for your transaction, you can spend your money by using a voucher.
Guide to Requesting Money for Club Functions
- Requests for club functions should be submitted directly to the College Council Treasurer, Jamie Vaccaro, at [email protected].
- Prepare a specifically itemized budget in the form of a Google Sheet.
- Email the College Council treasurer a link to the sheet with the subject “REQUEST:groupname, date”
- Budgets are presented to the Finance Committee on Sunday nights, and should be received by 5 PM on Saturday for consideration on the following Sunday.
- If you have any questions or need any help with this process, please do not hesitate to email the Treasurer.
Requesting Money For an All-Campus Event
- All-Campus events are typically eligible to receive funding from multiple sources.
- Fill out the OSL Supplemental Funding Form & determine which sources you are eligible to receive funding from. You must also submit an itemized budget to [email protected].
Tips For Preparing a Request
For a comprehensive overview of College Council’s funding policies, please consult the Student Organizations Financial Training powerpoint. Here are some of the most important:
- College Council is the last resort funding source on campus. Consult all other potential funding sources before coming to CC.
- No retroactive funding requests. All expenditures must be pre-approved by College Council. You cannot request funds for something you have already done or purchased.
- All events funded by College Council must be free to attend and open to the entire campus.
- College Council funds cannot be used for personal items, food for non-all-campus events, alcohol & other regulated substances, or direct donations to charity.
- Transportation Guidelines: Always try to reserve a college vehicle. CC will not provide funding for transportation unless you have first made this attempt. For personal vehicles, CC reimburses gas at a rate of 17 cents per mile.
Using a P-Card
- Fill out a P-card Request Form on the OSL website. This form will ask for your organization’s department ID, listed here.
Using a Voucher
- Only use a voucher if absolutely necessary. Vouchers are typically used for vendors that cannot accept credit cards, or for reimbursing individuals for gas and other fronted costs. Reimbursement can take up to two weeks.
- Print a voucher.
- List your vendor as whoever you are paying. For example, if you are reimbursing yourself for gas, you will list yourself as the vendor.
- Choose the account number that best describes your purchase.
- Use “400” for your fund.
- Locate your organization’s department ID, listed here.
- Attach receipts for each of your purchases on the voucher. Tape your receipts to an 8×11 sheet of paper and paper-clip it to the back of the voucher.
- Submit your voucher with receipts in the clear mailbox located outside of the CC suite in upper Paresky.
Please direct requests and other inquiries to the College Council Treasurer, Jamie Vaccaro, at [email protected].