We would like to announce openings in our Spring 2015 College Council. They are as follows:
- Vice President of Community and Diversity (Year-Long Position)
- Class of 2016 Representative (1) (Semester-Long Position)
If you are interested in running for either of these positions, please submit your self-nomination by Sunday, 3/15 at 6 PM. Self-nominations will be distributed by the Elections Advisory Committee by Sunday evening.
- Gotten club sport athletes access to a trainer
- Expanded student representation on the Honorary Degrees Committee, making the committee’s work more reflective of student opinion
- Passed a resolution in support of a need-blind admission policy for international students
- Improved the library’s selection of movies and video games
- Established the Entertainment Co-Sponsorship Committee to make it easier for anyone to obtain funding for all-campus events
- Hosted monthly Community Matters discussions about issues relevant to our community
Vice President for Community and Diversity: The Vice President for Community and Diversity is responsible for all College Council policy and programming initiatives in the area of community life. S/he serves as Student Chair of the Committee on Diversity and Community, chairs the Community Matters Committee, and sits on the Finance Committee. S/he provides oversight and guidance for the student members of all College committees that affect community life. Under a joint agreement between College Council and the Minority Coalition, s/he also serves as a board member of the Minority Coalition. The Vice President for Community and Diversity is responsible for building relationships and liaising with faculty, staff, and administrators, serving as a resource to student organizations that focus on building community at the College, crafting all College Council policy on matters of community and diversity, representing the College Council in campus dialogue regarding community and diversity, and performs such duties as the Executive Committee or Co-Presidents may assign.
2016 Class Representative (1): The Class Representative for the Class of 2016 shall represent the interests of the Junior Class and the student body at-large, keep their constituents informed of Council proceedings, and serve and actively contribute on at least one committee. Class representatives are elected in an all-class vote.